Application of user accessibility standards to ensure optimal viewing experience. I design and develop services for customers of all sizes, specializing in creating stylish, modern websites. By early 2020, Pet Plate had successfully raised a total investment fund of $13 million dollars. Experience working with responsive web designs across multiple platforms.
Yeah, screenshots are not a bad idea, but a responsive or interactive website is the best way to go. Furthermore, fine-tuning is necessary, especially if you are aiming at landing a job or project with requirements for a specific programming language or niche. So, you want to let your coding portfolio target projects that demonstrate the value you will adding to them. For example, experts programmers suggest you could redesign a popular website as a web developer, pointing out ways you feel the website can be improved from the front or back end. This way, you still have something to show even if you don’t have any projects from clients.
You don’t need me to tell you these clients’ should be the ones that find the project you executed for them very impressive. Furthermore, you can seek their permission to include their contact details in case a potential client or employer wants to contact them. A client testimonial is important if you are a solo programmer, handling more freelance jobs. Even better, it could be paid projects you have done for clients, such as mobile phone apps, games, a website, etc.
Working with Ian was better than expected and we had really high expectations. He is an incredibly talented developer but what really makes him stand out is his work ethic and steady approach. Time after time, and without us asking, he added enhancements and improvements that resulted in a better end product for us and our clients. Not only was Ian’s work on-time and to spec, he pays attention to improve the aesthetics of the site as well as the functionality. Throughout the entire process he is responsive, and willing to work through issues as they arise. It’s obvious he takes tremendous pride in his work, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend or work with him again.
The Company Dance Academy
The good thing is, you don’t have to break the bank to have your own domain. Furthermore, one of the best practices of a programmer is that your code should be readable and understandable by another programmer, or even clients that know a thing or two about programming. Some developers use screenshots of their work to design their tech portfolio.
- You’ll want to get the animation on that menu ‘just right’ and be looking to suggest ways we can improve our sites and deliver highly-performant output.
- My initial responsibility was for the redesign and build of the Enterprise section of the site.
- These 4 lists’ of required skills will become the guidance I will use to narrow my focus and to be able to provide direction for research and the creation of ideas to demonstrate these skills.
- Mark3music.co.uk – A website to show off the music that I have composed with two friends.
You don’t have to be in the web development niche to make your website impressive. This is what will sell you while you are probably not present to how to become a front end developer have a say. It’s not a bad idea to get past client’s testimonials to write or say a few things about the work you handled for them in the past.
More Job Roles
Meaning everything in your programmer’s portfolio should technically be about you. However, it’s not uncommon that some of the work you are showcasing have the input of another software developer, perhaps a scenario of joint work. Therefore, if your portfolio isn’t doing well in this area, it could be a red flag.
A good skill is being capable of reading and understanding HTML and CSS very well. I can picture layouts in my head and think of the code to use in order to achieve it. You might be asking yourself why you need a portfolio in the first place. Whilst there are certainly other, less time intrusive alternatives for sharing your work – Twitter, Dribble, GitHub and GitLab to name just a few – portfolios are extremely worthwhile. In fact, we’d go as far as to say they are critical for getting hired, especially when you’re just starting out and don’t have a tonne of experience or projects under your belt.
Experience working with and maintaining design systems using technologies such as Storybook. Understand the importance of testing front-end components and has experience with creating unit and integration tests related to the front-end components they develop. Understand view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). The plan then is to look at the sort of skills listed and work out how to show off those skills. And they are often just skills, not necessarily a portfolio that demonstrates those skills.
- Used AngularJS. For comparison I also applied the same data and made an OpenStreetMap version.
- I also used it to keep track of the songs that I had performed with my regular musical partner.
- It is perfect because it means that I am free to be creative, challenge myself and learn.
- These days, you’ll hardly find websites that are not mobile-friendly.
- These have been my go-to source for information about what to include in a developer portfolio.
- Production-level applications will be the highlight of your portfolio — these are the best testament to your skills.